Talampaya e Ischigualasto
The UNESCO at 2000 year declared the Talampaya Basin - Ischigualasto "Place of natural patrimony of the humanity" by its paleontologic and geologic importance.
Both parks together possess an extraordinary sedimentary rocky sequence with vertebrate fossils which document how was the life in our planet in the period of time comprehended between the 248 million years and 205 million years what means that the totality of the Triassic period, the era of dinosaur´s appearance
TALAMPAYA NATIONAL PARK
Talampaya National Park conjugates the beauty of the landscape that maintained itself without changes to the pass of time and the mystery of the origin of the humanity found latent between its high and reddish walls. Knowing it, is discovering a place full of magic and charm.
Made a tour trough Talampaya National Park, declared Humanity patrimony is like made a trip toward the beginning of the times. Their eroded wall by the wind and the rain condense 250 millions of years of geological history.
Their 215000 hectares, explain one of the most interesting chapters of vertebrates evolution: The Triassic period, along which the dinosaurs appears. Here rests of the well known Lagosuchis talampayensis were discovered, one of the most antique dinosaurs that lived 250 millions of years ago, and turtle fossils, as Palaeocheris talampayensis with an antiquity of 210 million of years.
Under the sun, always present the canyon, thousands of rare and capricious shapes that the erosion leave as legacy: formations as the Rey Mago, El Monje, La Catedral, Las Agujas, Las Torres, between the most recognized, Distinguishing itself in the Botanic garden the autochthonous flora of the park.
Finally, the man made their appearance on the earth and leave their testimony carving in ancient petroglyphs and utensils founded in the corners of the Park.
Talampaya has an important archeological richness. The human activities between 120 and 1180 years of our era, used caves and eaves of the place housing, deposits and cemeteries. At the open sky above the vertical walls and huge rocks, a large quantity of rupestrian paintings (anthropomorphous and zoo morphs) and abstracts (geometrical) expressed a harmonically fusion between nature and culture, composing one of the most relevant locations of Argentian rupestrian manifestations.
The fire walls surround Talampaya Park and are temptations for big nature mysteries lovers.
ISCHIGUALASTO NATIONAL PARK
The paleontologic importance of Ischigualasto was it´s discover at the end of the ´50 decade, But was till 1988 when starts the intensive and systematical studies leaded by the Natural Science Museum of San Juan National University. In this place 228 million years dinosaur´s rests were founded. The Eoraptor lunensis, discover in 1991 at Ischigualasto is the most antique and primitive dinosaur know in the world. Besides in this park more than 20 different species of vertebrates where found and co-exist with the first dinosaurs.
a) Área de Diseño de la APN "Folleto Promocional Parques Ischigualasto - Talampaya". Sitio del Patrimonio Mundial, Enero 2004.
b) Museo de Ciencias Naturales, Universidad Nacional de San Juan, Facultad de Ciencias Exactas, Físicas y Naturales, "Folleto Promocional Dinosaurios de Ischigualasto, Los más antiguos del mundo."
Miranda slope, Talampaya National Park and Ischigualasto Provincial Park.
- Departure at 07:30 in the morning, towards the famous Miranda Slope, where we will visit La Pelea and Bolloli Overlookers.
- Continuing the travel to Alegre Port and Pagancillo we will enter to Talampaya National Park.
- Free time to enjoy the Circuit Nª1 of the Park in 4x4, in this tour rupestrian manifestations of native cultures are distinguished.
- Talampaya Canyon with their famous attractiveness as La Chimenea and La Catedral both with more of 100 meters of height -and the Botanic Garden.
- Subsequently we will be able to appreciate geo-forms product of the erosion of million of years as: El Rey Mago and the Camel. El Cóndor, El Monje, El Alfil, etc. This circuit has a duration of about 1:30 hrs.
- We will continue the travel towards Ischigualasto National Park (San Juan).
- Entrance to the unique circuit (3:30 hrs of duration) by the same vehicle in which we departure. We will make a path trough El Gusano formation, Pintado Valley, Cancha de Bochas, El Submarino, El Hongo and finally las Barrancas Coloradas.
- At the end of the circuit we will visit the Natural Science Museum where we will understand the paleontologic importance of Talampaya Basin - Ischigualasto, because at that place the most antique dinosaurs of the world were founded
- The total tour is of 550 km. 4 pax.
It includes :
· Transport by double traction truck with air conditioner.
· Truck in Talampaya ($ 15 per person Circuit 1)
· Entrances to the parks.
· Enjoy the natural protected areas following the rules. Before make any activities ask at the guards.
· The excursions, must be realized with a park guide
· Put special care in the archeological and paleontologic resource they are humanity patrimony.
· Carrie water along all the paths.
· Take care with the sun, eye glasses because the radiation could be intense.
· I f you have any doubt please consult to the guards.